Sunday 5 August 2007

The joys of being an anti-social git

I do like being anti-social

When I say this statement I do want to clarify it with the fact that I do enjoy the company of friends and relatives as much as the next man but I do think I value my own space more than many people.

The reason I have decided to tell you about this probably dull fact about me is that I have just spent a blissfull day of absolute solitude lazzing in my back garden. My family were all out and my friends are all on holiday so I had the day to enjoy my own company.

Magnificent it was to, I must say. After last week when I was social in one form or another everyday I had this urge to just retreat into myself and just read and play games all day.

On the note of the booksb I must highly recommend Sir Paddy Ashdowns new book 'Swords and Plaughshares' to anyone interested in how we can do humanitarian interventions right. He does right it a bit gung-ho in style but in principle every assesment he makes is correct and many of our leaders should be reading it.

Speaking of reading I should really go and read the last chapter :-)

No comments: